05/2022 – current Student Services Manager, UAF eCampus
Oversee UAF eCampus Exam Services and Front Counter experiences for all staff, faculty, students, and public. Manage staff who proctor community/professional exams and paper/online tests for UAF eCampus online students, UAA/UAS students taking online courses, students entering UAF who need placement or library competency exams, etc. Work with vendors to ensure secure delivery of professional exams via vendor systems. Hire, train, and mentor team members. Work with and for Associate Director of Student Experience at UAF eCampus. Attain and maintain proctor/administrative vendor credentials. Utilize BANNER, Salesforce, Airtable, and Google products for day-today activities.
04/2011 – 04/2022 Instructional Designer 3, UAF eCampus
Provide relational database expertise for online products, maintain websites, and support faculty in course design. Suggest varied ways to deliver instruction, coach in technical aspects of teaching online, and furnish course development support.
- Master of Education Online Innovation and Design (2016)
- Quality Matters Coordinator; Improving Your Online Class (IYOC) Facilitator
- Barn Raising (for Blackboard and Canvas)
- Online Learning Consortium 2019 – Embracing and Teaching Accessibility
- Teaching Professor – Poster session: Accessibility Includes Retrieval of Materials (handout)
- WordPress Basics & practical application (Staff Recognition & Development 2017)
Projects & Roles
Rebuilt FERPA training from Flash to HTML/PHP, added PDF print function for a certificate. Provided PHP/SQL code and database support for online registration form. Canvas admin assisting faculty with learning management system needs.
2006 – 2021 Adjunct Faculty
- CS 101: Computers and Society (online 2016- 2021; face-to-face 2006-2008)
- CITS F222: Website Design for UAF Community & Technical College (2012-2021)
10/2010-04/2011 Analyst Programmer, Geophysical Institute & School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences
Create Drupal content management system (website) and templates for GI Design Services team.
Remote work on virtual servers to support the Arctic Ocean Biodiversity group data management needs.
11/2008 – 9/2010 Communications Specialist 5, Institute of Marine SFOS Alaska Ocean Observing System
02/2003 – 11/2008 Statewide Marketing Manager, American Tire & Auto, Inc.
Developed intranet and network. Created website, radio, television, print, magazine marketing materials. Managed a $250,000 marketing budget for five stores. Leveraged data on customer locations for ad placement. Tracked charges, determined the best use of budget. Used Microsoft OS and UNIX system for accounting, payroll, and sales tracking.
1997 – 2010 Owner/Operator Alaskan Web Pages
- Sourced web hosting and created websites for businesses/organizations including: Downtown Fairbanks, Dr. Mark Wade, OB/GYN Ultrasound Clinic, A Weaver’s Yarn, 7 Gables Inn …
- Created online and print marketing materials including graphics for local businesses
05/1995-04/1997 Director of Marketing, Internet Alaska, Inc.
Introduced the Internet to eight communities. Traveled across Alaska; interfaced with TelCos to place modem banks, promoted uses for Internet access from home. Managed print, radio, and Yellow Pages advertising. Worked with and provided oversight of technical support staff. Increased customer numbers from 450 to over 17,000. Opened, staffed, managed the Fairbanks office. Oversight of two full-time and two part-time staff. Created team work schedules. Developed and delivered training materials for potential customers.
One quirky fact: I taught the singer, Amanda Shires, how to knit (between songs) in June of 2008.