Hey, wait a second! Can’t I just use the button commands in the menu bar to create most of this? Why would I toggle to the Text view and do my HTML hand coding there?
This is all about practice and making it easy for you to learn. If you are afraid you’ll cheat, and you want the full experience, use jsFiddle.net instead… No nice little buttons to do a lot of the work for you. However, I think that even if you ‘cheat’ a bit, you’re still learning. Don’t worry… it will get harder as the semester goes on. Want to game the system? That’s fine by me, but I’d like you to try hand coding too. Oooh jsFiddle doesn’t have you use the html, head, title or body tags. Nope! You’ll have to use a text editor!
You should absolutely use a text editor for this part.
This is the Title of the Page
This is the Body of the Page
Anything within the body of a web page is displayed in the main browser window.
Page 70. For jsFiddle and WordPress pages when you are doing your practice work you do not include the following tags:
<html> <head> <title> <body>
Nor do you include the corresponding closing tags.
Eggs are one of my favourite foods. Here is a recipe for deliciously scrambled eggs.
- 2 eggs
- 1tbs butter
- 2tbs cream
- Melt butter in a frying pan over a medium heat
- Gently mix the eggs and cream in a bowl
- Once butter has melted add cream and eggs
- Using a spatula fold the eggs fromt he edge of the pan to the center every 20 seconds (as if you are making an omelette)
- When the eggs are still moist remove from the heat (it will continue to cook on the plate until served)
Email Your Prof!